The first round of Jakarta Region Rd.1 was held at Sunter International Speedway, which featured a primary Open Brushless Class, FWD Class and Mini Class. A light rain covered up the race which resulted into an unstable traction.
I did secured the overall TQ by winning the first and second heat, while Christian Mamesah secured the 3rd leg, also with Project 4X, covered the front row for the main final. We had a total of 6 Serpents which featured a Project 4X of Arya Seta in 4th, Ridhwan Sutedja and Vindra Mboi, both with ERYX 4.0, in 8th and 10th respectively.
Leg 1 underway with both Christian and i made a clean start which ended with a 4 secs victory for me ahead of Christian and Arya in 3rd.Ridhwan made a good run by ended in 5th.
Leg 2 ran after a short delay due to a light rain, re-started with a 85% of traction, again, both of us made a clean start. Arya had to retired due to a stripped spur. Christian was chasing me until a last lap mistake released me for a 5 secs win, which meant an overall win for me.
Leg 3 was a decisive leg for 2nd and 3rd place. Christian took the win while Arya succesfuly held the 2nd place ahead the recent’s national champion, Suwardi Suliandy. It took us a solid 1st-2nd-3rd podium for Project 4X !
Next up, 1st round of National Championship at Banjarmasin in three weeks !
Open Brushless A Main Result :
1. Bowie Ginting (Serpent Project 4X / Hobbywing)
2. Christian Mamesah (Serpent Project 4X / Hobbywing)
3. Arya Seta (Serpent Project 4X / Hobbywing)
4. Ronny Suwarto (Xray T4’17 / Orca)
5. Denny Pangestu (Xray T4’17 / Orca)
6. Ridhwan Sutedja (Serpent Eryx 4.0 / Orca)
7. Suwardi Suliandy (Xray T4’17 / Orca)
8. Chandra Yosef (Awesomatix A800X / Hobbywing)
9. Imam Liyanto (Yokomo BD8 /Hobbywing)
10. Vindra Mboi (Serpent Eryx 4.0 / Hobbywing)