As we started the practice me and Felix used 2 Project 4X cars in practice to get as much testing as possible. I used my 4X car from Riccione with same setup and Felix tried another setups on my second 4X car. It still showed the car from Riccione was much better so we focused on that later in practice. The grip was kind of low and they didn’t spray the track with sugar water during the whole race. In the last practice runs we tweaked the setup a bit from Riccione to suit this more technical track and we needed more steering.
We changed the diff to 5k from 7k, changed the roll dampers from 2000-3000 from/rear to 1500-2500, and also the track with in front from 186.5 to 185.5mm. After these changes I felt the car was good enough to fight during the race and it also showed during the race the car was fast enough and easy to drive so I could fight for positions and focus on the driving.
The race went up and down during the 3days of racing. 4heats every day with a total of 10 runs counted out of 12. I made a stupid mistake in the second heat other than that I think my driving was pretty much on point and I could win many important races when my starting position allowed it. In the end I finished 3rd overall and could easily be 2nd without the misfortune on the second day.
I think both me and Felix helped the American drivers and Burch a lot with the setup and they all were really pleased with the updates for the Project 4X car.
Best regards, Viktor