The third round of Greek Xray Winter Series was held at the FRT track on 7th February with many of country’s top drivers in attendance. Although the series is only for EP classes the organization decided the participation of 1/10th 200mm class too.
Nineteen drivers accepted the “challenge” and registered to participate to the race.
The early pace of the twenty minute free practice has been set by Labros Tsiklitiras with Serpent 748 TQ who was faster than the rest of the drivers.
During qualifications Labros had the pace to start in the A Main final from first position but a small mistake in the last minute cost him the TQ while he was leading it.
Labros was able to conserve his qualifying performance going into the 30 minute main final where he would take an easy victory.
Spiros Sotiropoulos grapped the runner-up spot while Nikos Pilichos was promoted in the third place post-race, as Dimitris Dimitriou due to an incident ended his race 10 minutes before the end of the final.
Top 10 Results
1. Tsiklitiras Labros (Serpent/Max Power) – 93 laps
2. Sotiropoulos Spiros – 92 laps
3. Pilichos Nick – 88 laps
4. Kiritsis Charalambos – 86 laps
5. Platanas Antonis – 86 laps
6. Anastopoulos Alexandros – 84 laps
7. Nikiforos Nikos – 76 laps
8. Dimitriou Dimitris – 70 laps
9. Ifantidis Vaggelis (Serpent) – 32 laps
10. Christodoulou Michalis – 27 laps